This Privacy Statement sets out how Harrisons uses and protects your personal data and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We are committed to safeguarding your personal data and comply with all data protection laws. When we collect certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This Statement applies to any data relating to you from which you can be identified. This data can be provided in person, via our website, by telephone, by email, by post. It will also apply to data collected from third party websites where you have requested information on our products and services.
This Statement applies to L Harrison & Co and does not apply to any third party website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
Please read this Statement carefully.
2. Who we are.
Harrisons is the trading name L Harrison & Co (Eastoft) Limited, which is part of the Orion Group of Companies owned by Orion Developments Limited.
If you have any queries on the information we have on you, you can write to the Head Office at:-
L Harrison & Co (Eastoft) Limited
For the attention of the Company Secretary or email email@example.com.
3. Our Statement:
Harrisons will endeavour, at all times, to ensure:-
- Your personal data will be kept safe and only processed on a lawful basis
- Your data will be kept up-to-date and accurate
- Your data will be not kept for longer than it is required for a legitimate business purpose or to comply with any legal obligations.
- Your data will not be sold to third parties
4. How we collect the information:
Harrisons may collect personal data in the following ways:-
- when you make an enquiry or register interest on either our website or a third party website we work with
- when you contact us in person by telephone, email or post
- when you complete any customer surveys
- when you apply for a job with us
5. The information we may collect will depend on the nature of our business with you and may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact details - name, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
- Demographic information
- Your budget and financial status and history
- Solicitors details
- Any other information which may be required for a government scheme you may wish to use
- information required during the course of your employment
You may choose not to give us your personal data but it may affect our being able to meet our obligations towards you.
Our website uses 'cookies'.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
7. What we do with your information.
The information collected or provided by you is used for legitimate business purposes and to understand your needs, provide you with a better service, provide a relevant service and in particular, for the following reasons:-
- to ensure the website is informative and presented clearly
- to respond to your enquiry and send you details on our products and services
- to record and progress contracts - internal record keeping
- for market research purposes
- to help with improvements to our products and services
- for other legitimate business uses, for example, warranties and customer service.
- to notify you of new products, special offers or other information we think you may be interested in
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their health, safety and welfare
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
Please note that any information given to us for a specific purpose will not be used for any other purpose without your notification and permission if applicable.
No data is sold to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and will be kept private and confidential except where we are required to share it with third parties by law (for example, Government Bodies, Law Enforcement Agencies etc).
We may disclose your personal data to third parties who supply services to us or who process personal data on our behalf. In all cases, the third party will be asked to confirm that they have compliant security measures in place to protect your data.
Examples of third parties that may be required to share your data:-
- Managing Agents, Solicitors, Financial Advisors
- Subcontractors or Employees who are required to contact you for legitimate business purposes (for example, maintenance)
9. How long is the information kept.
We will retain your personal data for no longer than the period of time needed for the purpose for which the data was collected.
There is no specific period for which your data will be retained as this will depend on the circumstances and reason for processing the data. Once the purpose for which
the data was collected no longer exists, the data will be deleted or destroyed. You will not be notified when your data is deleted or destroyed. We may use accredited third parties for destroying the data. They will be data compliant and provide certificates of secure destruction.
All policies in relation to the retention of data will be reviewed and regularly updated.
If you request that we delete your information, the information will be deleted, subject to compliance with any current legislation or regulations, but the request to delete the information will be retained. All paper documents will be shredded in house or using a certified data shredding company compliant with GDPR. Every effort will be made to delete all electronic data as far as it is reasonable to do so as it is the nature of electronic records that the data may not be deleted in its entirety.
10. Your Rights over your data
- You have a right to access to your personal data on production of proof of identification.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your data unless it is necessary for us to comply with our legal or contractual obligations to you or another third party.
This Statement may change to reflect changes in our business or data protection legislation. You should check the policy on a regular basis to review any amendments to the Statement.
This policy was updated May 2018.